Authorities and leaders from different countries presented proposals within the framework of international integration and cooperation.
As a result of the conferences, round tables and discussion of the five days of sessions during the 4th Peace Integration Summit, CUMIPAZ 2018, a document was created with more than 50 proposals focused on achieving the integral well-being, improvement and happiness of human beings, the peace of nations, sustainable development and the preservation of Mother Earth.
The proposals were made by authorities of supranational bodies related to the defense of human rights, judges and prosecutors of high courts, magistrates, senators, diplomats, politicians, academics, scientists, indigenous leaders and entrepreneurs from different countries of America, Europe, Africa and Israel. More than 2000 people attended the Summit.
This document constitutes the Official Declaration of CUMIPAZ - Guatemala 2018. Gabriela Lara, general director of the Global Embassy of Activists for Peace (GEAP), institution that organizes the Summit, read part of the Declaration on October 5 in the Palace of Justice headquarters of the Supreme Court of Guatemala.
General Director of the GEAP said: "This document, we as an institution, aim to not simply maintain these ideas in proposals, but we expect them to be carried out through effective and viable actions that help and contribute in all fields in which human beings interact, for the strengthening of a culture of peace, justice, values and principles, which is what has called us to this Peace Integration Summit; and next year to be able to show that these proposals became a work route, in actions materialized in favor of the human family".
Lara explained that this first document will be evaluated and finalized to later be presented and socialized before international organizations, regional blocks, governments of different countries, ministries and secretariats of education, environment and culture, judicial organisms, academic and business institutions, and organizations of the civil society.
This consensus statement promotes international integration and cooperation for the established purposes. The document is a guide to actions that will be followed up and evaluated in a timely manner.
Each of the sessions formed a document with the proposals that were later gathered to present the Declaration.
This first segment of the Summit focused on scientific and alternative advances in scientific, technological and ancestral knowledge for the preservation of human life, and the preservation of the ecological balance of Mother Earth.
Two of the proposals:
- Promote the dissemination of research and success stories for the integration of scientific, alternative, indigenous and local knowledge, through the convening of meetings between scientific, technological and indigenous communities, which motivate the creation of new research projects , and effective and contrasted applications that allow the emergence of new success cases in different aspects, and which in turn are studied to develop and increase new practical applications for the preservation of the life of Mother Earth and of the human being.
- Support the mechanisms established for the protection of territories, knowledge, understanding, culture and indigenous languages as a basic source of wisdom of humanity to live in harmony with Mother Earth, and complement scientific, technological and human development.
A space where success stories were presented in business management and CSR focused on sustainability, proposals for an economy and consumption focused on a sustainable future for peace and happiness of the human being, respect for Mother Earth and the preservation of all her life systems.
Among the proposals:
- Create a multidisciplinary network to strengthen the work that is being developed on issues of CSR, ethics, sustainability, sustainability and leadership, through the creation and development of workshops, where each member can contribute from their field of action; and in this way achieve better results and greater coverage. In order to ensure the effectiveness of the work through the network, it is proposed to submit periodic reports, which can be published so that society in general can access them.
- Integrate public or governmental entities to work to strengthen ethics, through lectures and face-to-face and / or virtual workshops, since these organizations are a fundamental part of business development and, therefore, for the economic development of Governments.
This session of the Summit focused on drawing the objectives of a system that educates the mind and contributes to the development of physical skills, but above all that educates the heart; an education that prioritizes training in ethical, moral and spiritual values in the development of professional skills.
Among the proposals:
- Include in the academic curriculum the development of citizenship, social and emotional competences measurable through an education focused on the student, which favors their mental health and interpersonal relationships by: a) training teachers and educational leaders regarding the discovery and development of these competences; and, b) apply the technology that allows the student to be more collaborative and be more connected to their social groups and surroundings, in which they are able to generate a positive impact at the time of achieving their happiness.
- Apply measures of social inclusion in all its dimensions: physical, linguistic, economic, academic, technological, among other ways, which allows to develop a sense of belonging and raise the self-esteem of students by recognizing their ability to contribute to their environment with their voice and vote, both face-to-face and virtual.
The segment allowed the discussion of public policies and international cooperation in the defense of human rights and the rights of Mother Earth, the strengthening of democratic systems and mechanisms for the resolution of conflicts.
- Encourage the drafting and proclamation of the Universal Declaration of the Duties of Human Beings in response to the commitment, integrality and individual and collective responsibility for the construction of peace among leaders and citizens of the nations of the world.
- Generate before the Universal Nations Organization a revision of the literature drafting of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights so that they are in accordance with the needs of the current population and for future generations.
The judicial day focused on strengthening justice as a value generator of peace, through the presentation of proposals and the promotion of actions to consolidate the recognition and respect of human rights and the rights of Mother Earth and contribute to the establishment of an effective universal justice.
Part of the proposals:
- Promote the strengthening of the legitimacy of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in a global world, its autonomy, independence, impartiality and credibility, and invite States that have not yet ratified the Rome Statute to do so, with the purpose of advancing in the consolidation of a universal justice, taking into account that the sovereignty of each country will be respected under the principle of complementarity. Strengthen democratic judicial systems in the face of the principles of legality, independence, soundness, responsibility and legitimacy.
- Establish CUMIPAZ as a meeting point to strengthen the initiatives of discussion on environmental justice, unifying proposals that allow to stimulate the judges to make decisions in defense of Mother Earth, making her a subject of rights as well as all her life forms; also, strengthen the exercise of environmental law, promoting the education and training of more specialists in the area of law.
Guatemala, country of peace 2018
The country of eternal spring becomes a benchmark for peace, being the headquarters of this international meeting of dialogue and integration for peace that brought together more than 2000 people. Authorities, leaders and personalities from different countries highlighted the warmth and potential of Guatemala.
CUMIPAZ 2018 received the institutional support of the Government of Guatemala, from its agencies: Departmental Government of Guatemala, Secretariat of Peace of the Presidency of the Republic, Judicial Branch, Ministry of Education and the Municipality of Antigua Guatemala.
The days of the Summit were made possible thanks to the voluntary work of thousands of GEAP activists, who, from their countries, contributed to the event. Also, a team of 360 activists, from Guatemala and other nations, focused on the capital of the country to integrate all the work teams for the development of CUMIPAZ.