The Global Embassy of Activists for Peace (GEAP) through the International Alliance of Universities for Peace (ALIUP), held the 15th ALIUP Workshop Seminar: “Contributing with the Chair on Peace in the formative process of the integral human being”.
The Excellence Center of the Autonomous University in Tamaulipas (UAT) in Victory City, was the location that gathered different academic authorities, students and the general public.
Universities and Higher Education Institutions of the region and from the center of the State attended the call; among them:
- Instituto Tecnológico Regional de Cd. Victoria (ITCV);
- Universidad Politécnica de Victoria (UPCV);
- Universidad La Salle Victoria (ULAsalle);
- The Antonio Repiso College, among other public and private universities.
The event counted with the sub-secretary of Social Well-being, Alvaro Barrientos; the president of the Youth Institution in Tamaulipas, Edmundo Baron; and the local congresswomen of the State Congress of Tamaulipas, Teresa Aguilar Gutierrez.
An education based on universal values
“Promote through the changing power of education, a culture of respect. We should reflect upon the dominating values and what we want to instill, and upon which we want to identify.”
Spaces of dialogue and reflection
With the objective of generating proposals to establish dialogue tables, where the panelists spoke of the following subjects:
- The insertion of principles and values in the process of training university students.
- The need to develop a Chair on Peace as the main subject for the construction of a culture of peace, promotion, and protection of human rights and its inclusion in the university system; highlighting the social responsibility of universities and institutions of Higher Education in the construction of a culture of peace in society.
At the same time, two work tables were installed where they spoke of various topics; from there, proposals that benefit the student community were made:
Table 1: “Pedagogical approach for the knowledge and practice of universal values, in the formative process.
Table 2: “The inclusion of a Chair for the Peace in the university system”.
Incorporation for peace
- Instituto Tecnológico Regional de ciudad Victoria (ITCV)
- La Universidad Politécnica de Victoria (UPCV)
- La Universidad La Salle Victoria (ULAsalle)
- El Colegio Antonio Repiso