The Global Embassy of Activists for Peace (GEAP) in Tamaulipas, Mexico, initiated the 9th International Blood Drive Marathon on March 27 and 28, at the Dr. Norberto Treviño Zapata General Hospital.
The purpose of the conference is to promote the principle of love and the universal values of the human family, so that blood donation is a voluntary, solidary, responsible and habitual act.
The marathon included the participation of students from the Victoria Campus universities, the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences of the UAT and the Technological Institute of Victoria City.
Sensitized for voluntary action
The GEAP volunteers, through the information provided to those present, managed to sensitize more than 300 people and reached 30 effective units of safe blood.
The general director of the Norberto Treviño Zapata hospital attended the event; Xicoténcatl González, the general director of the children's hospital; Carlos Morris; the chief of hematology, oncology and Transnational medicine in the Hospital of High Specialty, Oscar Ángel Guevara, among others.
On March 27, GEAP signed collaboration agreements to promote a voluntary and regular blood donation culture with the following government, municipal and educational institutions:
- Xiconténcatl González Uresti, director of the General Hospital “Dr. Norberto Treviño Zapata”.
- Carlos Guillermo Morris Garza, director of the Children's Hospital.
- Oscar del Ángel Guevara, Head of the Hematology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine Division of the High Specialty Regional Hospital.
- Enrique Alfaro Dávila, director of the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences of the UAT.
- Edgar Alberto López Acevedo, director of the Faculty of Veterinary and Zootechnics.
- Héctor Aguilar Cedillo Rojo, academic director of the UVM, Campus Victoria.
- Víctor Manuel García, Deputy Director of Plantation and Linking of the Tecnológico de Cd. Victoria.
- Alejandra Aldrete Hernández, DIF-State.
- Isaac Montemayor Aguilar, president of the A.C. Beating for Tamaulipas.
The purpose of these agreements is to strengthen the International Campaign “Life is in the Blood” organized by GEAP, to increase the voluntary, altruistic and regular donation of safe blood in the nation.